Monday, August 10, 2009

Mainly Hardanger.


Firstly the needleweaving from Jenny Gelden's book - some are better than others - ah well, one should always leave room for improvement!
I have joined a SAL that Yvette Stanton mentioned on her blog. To stitch this piece of Hardanger with Yvette available for assistance just seemed too good an opportunity to miss so I ignored my inner voice that said "You can never manage to keep up - ever!"

So far so good! In any case I have decided that I can work at my own pace and will still learn as I plod along. This is a couple of weeks' worth of stitching. I can only stitch using a magnifying lens so this will be slow going.
In the meantime I am also working on my thread painting, again at snail's pace, and trying out some pulled thread work on some fairly heavy handwoven cotton fabric.

2 comments:

Jane said...

It looks good to me. That's the wonderful thing about needlework, you can go at your own pace

Yvette Stanton said...

Hi Margaret,

Your progress is looking wonderful! Keep it up! :-)

Yvette
http://www.white-threads.blogspot.com